Delaware Sports Betting Online – Everything You Should Know
Delaware is a relatively small state with no teams in major sports leagues. Despite that, people love sport, and that also seems to be true for legislators. Delaware sports betting online is legal, although the state itself doesn’t offer any sportsbooks. Here is everything you should know about gaming conditions in Delaware and how to start playing today!
Sports Betting Legislation in Delaware
The history of Delaware sportsbooks is interesting. The states throughout the US had problems due to the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA). Delaware was one of the states where online gambling was allowed despite that document. Horse racing has been legal for around a century, lotteries and parlays wagering since the 1970s, and casino operation had become legal in 1994.
Things only became better once PASPA was outlawed in 2018. It didn’t take long for Delaware to acknowledge this and legalize sports wagering apps.
It is interesting to note that it was Governor John Carney who first wagered on sports after legalizing it. It occurred on June 5th, 2018, and the Governor won. He placed $10 on Philadelphia Phillies, and they won against Chicago Cubs.
Sports Betting Locations – Where to Play in Delaware
When it comes to land-based locations where you can watch games and hope for the team you wagered on to win, Delaware offers three facilities:
- Dover Downs – if you are looking to relax and enjoy sports bets, casinos, and a hotel in the same place, this Dover’s property is a place to visit.
- Harrington Racecourse – you can pick between parlay wagering and single options, and the property is also a raceway.
- Delaware Park – the oldest facility in the state and located on the trackside. Apart from horse racing, sports fans can also enjoy an extensive range of other sports.
Delaware Sports Betting Apps
The odds are many sportsbook operators are looking to enter the Delaware online sports betting market. Until that happens, you have two options. The first one is going with the casinos and sportsbooks already available, and the other to find an offshore website for betting online.
The wise thing is to find a provider that offers iOS and Android sports betting apps. The good news is that the best operators guarantee mobile support. That includes either a mobile-friendly website or free apps for your phone.
Setting up a Sports Betting App and Account
It is crucial to note that all sports bettors in Delaware need to meet the legal age requirement. As usual in the United States, it is set to 21 years old.
Everything process starts with downloading a suitable app. You can choose from a wide variety of providers offering their services in Delaware. Most of these are based offshore, but they allow playing online and via mobile devices.
Downloading a wagering app is free, and you will need to sign up for an account. As soon as you pass identity verification and other necessary checks, you can check out the available markets. Some platforms might offer a free bet bonus as soon as you register. Others require you to deposit funds to the account. Once you have betting money available, pick the sports and games that suit you. Pick between parlay wagering or single bets and look forward to the outcome.
New Customer Bonuses
If you are a new player that only installed one of the Delaware sports betting apps, we have good news! You can expect a welcome package with various bonuses. These usually include deposit matches, but you might also get promo codes for free bets and other incentives.
Bonuses are an excellent way to jumpstart your wagering adventure. Free bets and other incentives allow you to boost starting funds and get new opportunities to profit if you make successful wagers.
Horse racing has been an integral part of the Delaware gaming industry for decades. This state is among those where you can enjoy both visiting racetracks and the OTB method.
If you are a resident or tourist in Delaware, you can head to a racetrack to experience horse racing live. The thrill of betting and watching the race is exceptional, especially if you bet cash on one of the horses.
Delaware Park is the oldest gaming facility in this state. You can enjoy thoroughbred races, but also play casino games and bet on sports.
Off-track betting means you don’t have to visit a racetrack to wager on horse racing. You can visit one of the local casinos and sportsbooks or stay in the comfort of your home and wager over the internet.
OTB is an opportunity that Delaware sports betting online frequently use. Many platforms offer live racing footage. That means you can enjoy watching how the event unfolds while rooting for your favorite.
Betting on Popular Sports in Delaware
If you bet on sports, you will enjoy a vast selection of markets available. Most money wagered on sports covers major league bets. That is why providers make sure to include HHL, NFL, NCAA, MLB, NBA, and other popular leagues.
Sports fans will appreciate other markets available, such as:
- Auto racing, including F1, NASCAR, and Moto GP
- College leagues
- Fighting sports like MMA and boxing
As for wagering types, most providers allow single bets and parlay wagering. That means you can choose whether you want to play a single event or multiple matches. In-game wagering is another exciting option since it allows placing bets while an event is in progress. You can use sportsbook reviews to pick a platform that fits your playing style.
Betting on Super Bowl
Super Bowl is probably the biggest annual event in US sports. Once the Super Bowl weekend comes, you feel like the entire country makes plans on watching the game.
We recommend finding a sportsbook that offers the best odds on Super Bowl. You can go with your gut, or analyze both teams to predict a winner successfully.
Betting on March Madness
If you have an Android or iOS sports betting app, you will surely find NCAA March Madness among its listed events. During those several weeks in March, you can enjoy top basketball prospects playing for a prestigious trophy.
While players can win the title, you can also use March Madness to profit by making smart wagers. NCAA matches are a real treat to watch, especially if you spice things up with a bet.
Betting on NFL Sunday
NFL Sunday has always been a special event for all football fans. Web operators cover all matches played in the NFL since it is a major league.
Mobile sports betting apps provide a simple way to place wagers on NFL Sunday. You can use a phone in any location and pick your preferred matches. Lay back in your chair and enjoy a real football holiday.
How to Start Betting Online?
- Head to your desired wagering operator and find the “Sign Up” or “Register” button. That will open the account registration process. Fill all details and submit them to open an account.
- Use the chosen details to enter your account. Head to the Cashier to add funds. Pick a payment method from those provided by your selected operator.
- Navigate the sports markets to find your preferred league and event.
- Once you find a suitable wager, add it to your wagering slip. Continue adding more events if you feel like it.
- Below the list of events on your bet slip, you will find an option to pick the desired stake. Pick how much to invest and click on “Submit Bet.”
Deposits & Withdrawal
If you choose the land-based industry and visit a racetrack or casino in Delaware, you can deposit cash to your account there. It is also possible to use Paynearme options and other methods supported by that provider.
Sports fans who prefer offshore operators might be able to enjoy a wider variety of payment methods. Those could include:
- Credit and debit cards – Visa and MasterCard are the two most common types.
- E-wallets – Skrill and similar web wallets might be supported.
- Pre-paid cards – these could include PaySafeCard and other options
- Other methods – PayPal, paying by using your phone, and any other variations supported by your preferred provider.
Deposits might only take a second, while withdrawals must go through the verification process. Depending on the site, you might need to confirm your identity. Processing the request to withdraw funds and transferring them to your bank account might take a couple of working days. Operators usually specify the time they usually need to process your money.
- Three land-based casinos and racetracks ensure you can find a facility that suits your taste.
- Delaware was one of the first states that legalized online sports betting. Even today, it is among those states that are quite forward-thinking when it comes to gambling.
- An extensive selection of payment methods to deposit funds to your account, especially at web-based operators.
- Mobile wagering is widely supported. As long as you have an internet connection, it will be easy to find a platform to play from anywhere in this state.
- No online sports betting providers operating in Delaware.
- Daily fantasy sports are not considered compliant with the laws.
Is online betting legal in Delaware?
- Yes, the regulations allow wagering online in Delaware. It is worth noting that the state doesn’t offer any sportsbooks. However, plenty of offshore operators are available in Delaware. Pick your favorite provider, and make sure to utilize coupons and bonuses for new players.
What are the best online betting sites?
- The best online betting sites are those that fit your preference. A large number of markets are good, but they should support events and bets you want to place. Additionally, bonuses and promotions are always welcome, especially if you are a Newbie.
Do you have to live in Delaware to gamble online?
- Online gambling is legal within the borders of this state. It doesn’t matter if you are a tourist or resident; you can enjoy gaming over the web. However, if you cross Delaware borders, you are no longer subject to this state’s laws.
Do you have to be 21 to bet on sports?
- Yes, players have to be at least 21 years old to bet and play casino games.
How do I place a bet online?
- Pick a provider that suits your needs and register for a free account. Deposit funds to that account by choosing a supported payment method that works for you. Finally, pick the events for wagering and submit the bet.